poems, cards, quotes blog



some inspirational poems here


That I a Better Person May Be - inspirational poems:


-------Author Unknown--------

Light that lies deep inside of me
Come forth in all thy majesty
Show me thy gaze
Teach me thy ways
That I a better person may be

Darkness that lies deep inside of me
Come forth in all thy mystery
Show me thy gaze
Teach me thy ways
That I a better person may be

Love that lies deep inside of me
Come forth in all thy unity
Let me be thy gaze
Let me teach thy ways
That I a better person may be!!! inspirational poems


Anything Can Happen - inspirational poems



Listen to the Mustn'ts, child,
Listen to the Don'ts
Listen to the Shouldn'ts
The Impossibles, the Won'ts
Listen to the Never Haves,
Then listen close to me --
Anything can happen, child,
Anything can be.

The World Is Against Me - Motivation - inspirational poems



"The world is against me," he said with a sigh.
"Somebody stops every scheme that I try.

The world has me down and it's keeping me there;
I don't get a chance. Oh, the world is unfair!
When a fellow is poor then he can't get a show;
The world is determined to keep him down low."

"What of Abe Lincoln?" I asked. "Would you say
That he was much richer than you are to-day?
He hadn't your chance of making his mark,
And his outlook was often exceedingly dark;
Yet he clung to his purpose with courage most grim
And he got to the top. Was the world against him?"

"What of Ben Franklin? I've oft heard it said
That many a time he went hungry to bed.
He started with nothing but courage to climb,
But patiently struggled and waited his time.
He dangled awhile from real poverty's limb,
Yet he got to the top. Was the world against him?

"I could name you a dozen, yes, hundreds, I guess,
Of poor boys who've patiently climbed to success;
All boys who were down and who struggled alone,
Who'd have thought themselves rich if your fortune they'd known;
Yet they rose in the world you're so quick to condemn,
And I'm asking you now, was the world against them?" inspirational poems


short poems | rhyming poems | hyperbole poems| simile poems | similes poets | simile Poetry | Figurative Language | examples poems | Real welcome | inspirational poems | Friendship Poems | poems cousins | Poems Daughter | I Miss You poems | Poems by Rosalita Fernandez | poems Sweet Nibblets | Phenomenal Woman | Love Poems

other blog: I Miss You poems

0 comments:

Post a Comment